Ceramic IPS e.max®
IPS e.max® is a lithium disilicate ceramic designed for optimal esthetics and strength. Virtually perfect contact and occlusion can be achieved through advanced CADCAM processes. Its flexural strength and 300-400 MPa, make this a superior anterior and posterior restoration when zirconia and PFMs are not desired. Veneers, inlays and onlays disappear with minimal prepping and for a natural and esthetic appearance.
At Peterson Dental Laboratory, anterior units are layered for increased translucence at the incisal edge as a standard for esthetics unless noted in RX.
- Superior life-like esthetics
- 300-400 MPa Strength
- CAD/CAM designed for minimal occlusal adjustment
- Natural-looking translucence
- Single units & veneer
- Implant Restorations
- Less than 1.4mm clearance in posterior
- Less than 1.2mm clearance in anterior
- Bruxer patient
- Posterior bridges
Bonded or Cement?
Your choice: both will work for this restoration! However, for short preparations will little retention, bonding is recommended. Etch for 20 seconds with IPS ceramic etching gel.
- Chamfer or shoulder prep with 4º-8º axial wall taper
- Minimum of 1.5mm occlusal clearance
- No feather edge margins
- At least 1mm chamfer margin
Milled or Pressed?
At Peterson Dental Laboratory we design everything in 3D CAD software. Wax is milled, and then pressed for optimal flexural strength.